Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's Next?

The Missoula Half Marathon is in 4 weeks. So I'll be shifting my focus a little bit more towards running for the next few weeks. But I still have my sights on the Whitefish Lake Triathlon in late August, so I'll need to keep up with the swimming and biking, too.

Given that, here's what I have planned. Basically I'll be sure to get in my 3 runs each week-- at least one speedwork day, one easy shorter run, and one long run. Hopefully I'll still get in two swims and a long bike, and I'll be biking to work.

Week of June 16-22:
Mon- rest
Tues- 4 mi run + yoga
Wed- swim + weights
Thurs- long bike
Fri- run (easy 2 mi) + weights + swim
Sat- rest
Sun- long run (10 mi)

Week of June 23-29:
Mon- swim + hiking for work
Tues- run (tempo)
Wed- swim + strength + light hiking
Thurs- long bike
Fri- run (easy 5 mi) + strength
Sat- long run (11 mi)
Sun- rest

Week of June 30-July 6:
Mon- swim (intervals) + hiking for work
Tues- run (speedwork) + yoga
Wed- swim + strength + light hiking
Thurs- long bike
Fri- run (easy 4 mi)
Sat- long run (8 mi)

Week of July 7-13 (taper):
Mon- run (easy 4 mi)
Tues- bike (45 min easy) + yoga
Wed- run (3 mi easy)
Thurs- swim
Fri- rest
Sat- run (very easy 2 mi)
Sun- 1/2 Marathon Race

No comments: