Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This Darn Cold

Ugh. I've had this darn cold for going on three weeks now, and just don't seem to be able to shake it. It made me miss my race a few weekends ago when I was really sick with body-racking coughs. Then it simmered down for a while and I just had the occassional coughing fit as I tried getting all the phlegm out of my lungs. Then towards the end of last week it seemed to rare up again. My head got all stuffy, my sinuses full, and I started having runny noses and sneezing again. That continued all weekend and yesterday. Today seems to be a bit better, knock on wood. But I just haven't felt WELL in several weeks. Not exactly ideal for my last few big weeks of training before my first triathlon :(
I've tried taking a few good rest days, have been taking my vitamins and drinking plenty of fluids. Eating soup. Gargling with hot water. Washing my hands. What the heck else do I need to do? An exorcist?

I'm wondering if I could mount such a contraption to my bike helmet?...

No comments: