Thursday, January 10, 2008

This Week's Workout Plan

Since the week's nearly over ;)

Monday: I did Rose's "Boot Camp Basics" class, in which we did lots of high-intensity intervals using the step, with lower-intensity recovery bouts; we also did some squats, lunges, and deadlifts with weights, and then hit the floor for some ab work; I also tried out a swimming class, where I swam maybe 200 yd (I was the only one who signed up for the Intermediate class, so they lumped me in with the Beginner class; we spent most of the 1/2 hour learning to blow air out of our noses and float on our backs... not exactly what I was hoping for)

Tuesday: 4-4.5 mile "easy run" that I referred to in Wednesday's post

Wednesday: (for work I forgot my snowshoes and ended up post-holing in knee-deep snow up a 1/2 mile long hill; that was a good 30-min cardio/leg strength workout I wasn't planning on!); then I biked for 25 min and ran for 15 min with a Triathlon Training class (perhaps a better alternative to the swim class)


Thursday: I did my Power Yoga dvd this morning; this afternoon I'll do 25 min on the elliptical, then hit the pool for a 900 yd workout (Week 2, Workout 3 if you follow this link)


Friday: 25 min run then Power Pump weight-lifting class

Saturday: long ski! Sunday: Rest!

No comments: