Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Look

As my "new look" is getting increasingly softer and rounder, I've realized that I need to go back to using my good friend FitDay to help with my food-to-workout balance.

For the past few months I've basically been eating what I want when I want-- well, at least sometime. The good news is that my "default" foods-- those I pick up when I'm grabbing a snack or my standard dinners & lunches that I make-- have been foods with whole grains, lots of vitamins and lean protein, and all that good stuff. The bad news is that my "treat" foods have been too numerous, and I'm feeling the results. My energy level is lower, my mid-section isn't as tight (not like it was ever trim to begin with!)... ugh. It's frustrating that all of my hard work can be reversed so easily with a bit of mindless eating.

So, I need to be mindful again. I need to re-instate my habit of tracking my intake in relation to my output. And the best way I've found to do that is to use FitDay-- an online food & exercise journal.

I haven't used it in several months now, and so when I signed in this morning, I was suprised to see that they've gotten a new look, too. So if it's been a while since you've used it, or if you've never used it at all, check it out. You have to register, but it's free. And a great tool, I think, for tracking your progress.

And tracking my progress. I've made my journal available to be viewed by the public. So check it out if you'd like: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mtcurls

No comments: