Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yowsers

Now I know why I usually drive to the gym-- after running for 30 min, cycling for 45 (I increased the time because I was trying to finish reading an article in my magazine, so I figured I'd just keep pedaling), and then lifting weights for 40 min, I tried to run the mile back to my office. It's mostly downhill, but holy crud, it was one of the hardest miles I've run in a while. My legs were just done. Tired. Not willing to turn over.

I guess that's good practice. I can imagine having a similar feeling during the last leg of a triathlon. So it's good practice now and then to push on, even though hitch-hiking a ride back to the finish line sounds very appealing!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yep - Good to practice running on tired legs. Muscular endurance, baby! Keep it up!